The LM29150/29300/29500/29750 are high-current, high-accuracy, low-dropout voltage regulators. Using proprietary Super βeta PNP® process with a PNP pass element, these regulators feature 350mV to 425mV (full load) typical dropout voltages and very low ground current. Designed for high-current loads, these devices also find applications in lower current, extremely low dropout-critical systems, where their tiny dropout voltage and ground current values are important attributes.
The LM29150/29300/29500/29750 are fully protected against overcurrent faults, reversed input polarity, reversed lead insertion, over-temperature operation, and positive and negative transient voltage spikes. Five-pin fixed voltage versions feature logic-level on/off control and an error flag which signals whenever the output falls out of regulation. Flagged states include low input voltage (dropout), output current limit, over-temperature shutdown, and extremely high voltage spikes on the input.
On the LM29xx1 and LM29xx2, the enable pin may be tied to VIN if it is not required for on/off control. The LM29150/29300/29500 are available in 3-pin and 5-pin TO-220 and surface-mount TO-263 (D2Pak) packages.
The LM29750 7.5A regulators are available in 3-pin and 5-pin TO-247 packages. The 1.5A, adjustable output LM29152 is available in a 5-pin power D-Pak (TO-252) package.
- LM29150/29151/29152/29153: 1.5A
- LM29300/29301/29302/29303: 3A
- LM29500/29501/29502/29503: 5A
- LM29750/29751/29752: 7.5A
- Low dropout voltage
- Low ground current
- Accurate 1% guaranteed tolerance
- Extremely fast transient response
- Reverse-battery and load dump protection
- Zero-current shutdown mode (5-pin versions)
- Error flag signals output out-of-regulation (5-pin versions)
- Also characterized for smaller loads with industry-leading performance specifications
- Fixed voltage and adjustable versions